Georgia Goal Scholarship Program
Support Providence through Georgia Goal
A 2008 law allows individuals and corporations to receive a Georgia income tax credit (and federal income tax deduction for those who itemize) for redirecting their state income tax payments to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program.
GOAL uses these contributions to provide private school scholarships to students who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten, or first grade or who are transferring from a Georgia public school.
This helps You, Providence and Children.
You are already paying income taxes to the state. Why not redirect some of those taxes to provide Georgia children with Greater Opportunities for Access to Learning (GOAL)? When you redirect your Georgia income taxes to GOAL, you can designate that the contribution be used to provide scholarships at Providence Christian Academy. Thus, Providence is able to:
- Increase the financial aid that it can offer new students,
- Increase school enrollment, and
- Increase the funds available to improve educational offerings.
What is the maximum amount I can contribute?
- Single individual or head of household - $1,000;
- Married couple filing joint return - $2,500;
- Married couple filing separate return- $1,250;
- C Corporation - 75% percent of Georgia income tax liability; or
- S Corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner up to $10,00. Click here for more information.
How much will I benefit from this? Stay tuned for detailed information on how the December 2017 tax law changes make this credit even more valuable to many people.
How to Contribute:
Click here to submit your GOAL Tax Credit Application online today.
Please start the simple redirect process today. Contact John O'Connor at email@example.com or 770-279-3933 if you have questions or need assistance.
What Happens Next?
1. GOAL Submits to DOR.
- On the first business day of January 2019, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
2. Approved to Contribute.
- GOAL and DOR notify you of tax credit approval and amount in early January 2019.
3. Make Payment.
- Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (mid-March).
4. Take the Credit.
- In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2018 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2018 taxes January - April of 2019).
This valuable Georgia law is a rare and precious opportunity provided to us by our state legislators. The tax credit program has become so popular that all $58 million in available credits are consumed on the first business day of the year.