Georgia Tuition Tax Credit
Support Providence through Georgia Goal
A 2008 law allows individuals and corporations to receive a Georgia income tax credit for redirecting their state income tax payments to Providence through the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program.
You are already paying income taxes to the state. Why not redirect some of those taxes to provide tuition assistance for Providence students.
What is the maximum amount I can contribute?
- Single individual or head of household - $2,500;
- Married couple filing joint return - $5,000;
- Married couple filing separate return- $2,500;
- C Corporation, Trust or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level - 75% percent of Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute:
The cap for 2023 contributions was met on January 1, 2023. Pledge to donate using the button below.
What Happens Next?
- GOAL submits your application (or pledge) to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) on the first day of 2024.
- GOAL and DOR notify you of tax credit approval.
- Make payment by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (usually mid-March).
- GOAL will send you a tax receipt to claim the credit on your 2024 Georgia income tax return.
Dr. Jim Vaught