Our varsity athletes received the star treatment at our ESPY-like awards show - The Squallys - on Friday, May 19th. This event honors our players and teams for their achievements this year. And what a year it has been for Storm athletics, with many records broken and two state championship appearances.
Here are this year's winners...
- Athletic Trainer Of The Year: Corinne Benefield
- Spirit Of The Storm Award: Alex Fisher and Austin Cembor
- Bailey Moody Courage Award: Memphis Fitzgerald
- Comeback Of The Year: Baseball
- Male Breakthrough Athlete: Jon Burton
- Female Breakthrough Athlete: Ella Style
- Most Memorable Performance: Vincent Maraschiello
- Female Rookie Of The Year: Clara Allen
- Male Rookie Of The Year: Santos Wade
- Best Upset: Boys Basketball
- Record-Breaking Performance: Boys Swim 200 Medley Relay
- Outstanding Female Athlete: Ellison Chadwick
- Outstanding Male Athlete: Sam Thacker
- Program Of The Year: Softball
- Coach Of The Year: Joey Thacker
- Team Of The Year: Boys Basketball
Did you miss it? You can watch the entire event online here.
- The Squallys